What is a Dental Implant?
Dental Implants are the most advanced and cost effective method of replacing a missing tooth. They are suitable for those who have lost their tooth/teeth due to injury, tooth decay, periodontal disease or other causes.
Why Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are the most advanced and cost effective method of replacing a missing tooth. They are suitable for those who have lost their tooth/teeth by injury, tooth decay, periodontal disease or other causes.
Advantages Of Dental Implants:
- Single, several or all the teeth can be replaced through dental implants.
- Natural appearance
- Permanent, strong and stable support.
- Extreme ease in eating & chewing.
- Adjacent teeth are not disturbed for support.
- Good oral health.
- Speech is improved.
- Easy maintenance unlike dentures.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Lasts longer.
How dental implants are done at our clinic
- Prior to proceeding for Dental Implants, any prevailing infections are treated.
- The dentist carries out the complete evaluation and if necessary treatments like bone graft or sinus lift is done to facilitate a dental implant.
- Generally, sufficient bone growth is necessary for an implant.
- Systematic care is adapted before the actual procedure.
- After thorough examination of the patient’s condition, the final decision to proceed for implant procedures and the best line of treatment to be adopted is made.
- Dental Implant requires high precision and skill. Hence it is usually carried out by experts and the procedure is done under local anesthesia.
- After the titanium post is positioned perfectly into the jaw bone, it takes 3 to 6 months to fuse with the jaw bone.
- A connector called an abutment is placed to secure new replacement tooth.
- This replacement tooth aka crown is attached to the abutment. The dentist primarily ensures that the crown resembles your natural teeth.
- The success rate of dental implants is more than 95 percent, if proper oral care is maintained after the procedure.
Dr. Rasika, renowned for dental implants in Pune, carries out the treatment procedure in highly sterile conditions with the state of art technologies.